Hudson Happenings

Friday, February 20, 2009

The talk at the lunch table

So over vacation I volunteered at Jahmia's school . On one occasion I stuck around for lunch. Well one of the teachers had asked the kids about President Obama and what they think of him as a president. Most of them (okay only my daughter and 2 of her playmates) said they knew who he was and love to say his name... in between bites of freshly steamed asparagus and organic cheese pizza. Well one rather smart and outspoken 5 year old announces, and I quote, "Yeah, I like Obama. But my Dad says his all-time favorite president is Lou Dobbs." Out of the mouths of babes...I could hardly contain my laughter/ astonishment! Kids that eat asparagus?! That's unbelievably cool! And a 5 year old knows who Lou Dobbs is?! That's incredible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home