Hudson Happenings

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh that face

When someone asks Jahmia, "What do we celebrate at Christmas?" She responds, "Jesus' Birthday!" My heart is delighted to hear this. Then someone else asks her, "What do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas?" Jahmia looks at me, puzzled and says "I don't know."

About two weeks ago, Santa didn't exist to her. She really didn't know who he was. I must confess, it was my idea to introduce her to Santa. I met "Santa" one day at my clinical site. He works with the elderly at a local skilled facility. Gentle and sweet man he is. He told me that it takes him about nine months to grow and several whiting treatments to get Santa's white beard. For the last fifteen years he's be playing Santa for both public and private events.


Today, Jahmia met Santa. She also got to decorate a sugar cookie and got her face painted. Apparently she asked for a blue ball and a balloon. Who knew? On the way home she stated, "I had fun with Santa." (We did too!) Oh the face of one who has spent time with Santa...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home