Hudson Happenings

Monday, November 3, 2008

7 weeks until the end of the semester

Thanks be to our loving and gracious God, who is the giver of all good things! Since my last post 2 exams have passed, both of which I received a "B" grade. Thank you to all of you who prayed for me. 2 down, 2 remain and a paper due in 3 weeks. In total: 5 exams left before graduation!

After 9 intense weeks at WCH, my last week has arrived. I started with 2 clients per shift and HOURS of prep work to 3 clients per shift and no prep. During one of the weeks, I did an out-rotation in CCU and ED! Very fascinating. I do believe I have found my niche- CCU. Here is what I love about CCU- the teamwork amoung physicians, RN's and other interdisciplinary members, the 2-to-1 client to RN ratio, the acuity of the clients demands 100% of the RN's time, compassion, and mind, and all medical tools are readily available. Translation= it's challenging and thrilling to me. I would LOVE to preceptor here!
The last 5 weeks of my clinical rotation will be spent at: a skilled nursing facility, the Stroke Center (http://www.cabrillo.edu/academics/strokecenter/) , and Hospice. I'm looking forward to the change of pace...

1 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 1:45 AM , Blogger Tarken said...

I am SO proud of you, my beautiful friend!! You have pushed through adversity and trials to reach your goals. You're almost done, and I urge you to press in and stay focused!!

Now, in your writing, please use terms us non-meds can understand: what is CCU??! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home