Hudson Happenings

Monday, November 3, 2008

The 3's are upon us

Jahmia turned 3 years old in September. As parents we couldn't be more proud of our little gem's achievements, stature, and cognitive abilities. She's a smart cookie with smarty attitude. Oh yes, our singing/ dancing, dress wearing, skateboard riding, "big" helper, has throw-down screaming tantrums. Oh brother...

These acts of defiance stretch us as parents, keep us on our knees in prayer- sometimes out of desperation. Well, I can now add humbled to that list. Check out the passage in 1 Corin. 1:26-31 with me.
"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.
But God choose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God choose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
He choose the lowly things of this world and the despised things- and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are,
so that no one may boast before him.
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has became for us wisdom from God- that is , our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

A very dear, loving and graceful sista-in-Lord shared this verse with me after a very troublesome tantrum. Upon reading this verse, I was in instant confession with the Lord. I was taking credit for Jahmia's good and bad attributes. I had become proud and headstrong in my parenting. I learned that parenting is about Jesus, and what He has done for Jahmia, as well as, Cole and I. I learned that I need Jesus more than ever, in these tantrum times. I have been humbled by a 3 year old- Praise God!

3 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 12:21 AM , Blogger McNabb Clan said...

you are so right! amazing insights Tiffany! we miss you guys....would love for our rambunctious girls to get together if you have time! call us if you can! hugs, Ali

 
At November 4, 2008 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Abigail said...

Hey girlie, threes are hard!!! Stay on top of disipline and patience it all pays off. By Gods grace.
love from the Jauregui Casa

 
At November 4, 2008 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Tarken said...

Oh my GOSH. I didn't know Jahmia had those drama-filled faces in her repertoire!! WOW. I miss you guys, and your daughter's drama. You are both doing incredible jobs as parents, keep it up!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home